There are so many other memorable moments… and so many more to come. I’m thankful for the sweet opportunity to rest in this spacious place God has brought me to, and the many discoveries yet to be found.
I’m discovering a whole lot this summer. I think right now it actually might be more accurate to say I am rediscoveringsome things.
Like laughter. With my new group of ridiculously wonderful intern friends, I have laughed more in the last week than I have in a looooong time. I think there is something about college students. They know how to have fun and be silly and unashamed. When you graduate and enter the “real world”, you start focusing on things like bills and insurance and big-kid decisions, and you forget how to be goofy and spontaneous and to just laugh.
And JOY. It has been such a central theme of my life, but sometimes I am focused on it because I struggle finding it. Being surrounded by people who love Jesus and love life and love me – well, it makes JOY stick out like color in a black and white world.
I could tell you over and over again how thrilled I am to be here, but I’m just going to sum this up with some of the best moments…
Highlights from the first week, in no particular order –
1. Laughing till I cried, multiple times.
2. Seeing “The Fault in Our Stars” opening night with every emotional teen girl in Bend crying hysterically behind us, causing me to react like a very mature person. By which I mean laughing uncontrollably.
3. Meeting and beginning friendships with an insanely cool group of fellow interns. I’m experiencing extreme FOMO (fear of missing out) whenever we aren’t together, I’m just going to be real with you about that.
4. Sharing an ice cream cake with some of these interns (14 to be exact), outside a Coldstone with 14 plastic spoons and so much laughter.
5. Finding my old journals in my room and realizing anyone who dealt with me from age 10 to 20 is a SAINT…because I was a drama queen.
6. Hearing the testimonies and life stories of 14 incredible ladies, who I am beyond blessed to spend my summer with.